Footwear and Bag Designer
ABOUT THE BRAND
ATP Atelier was born out of the desire to create shoes and bags that couple contemporary Scandinavian design and authentic Italian craftsmanship. We want to challenge the concept of luxury - to make it smart, not redundant. With a sustainable mindset we set out to create, not just because, but to make a meaningful difference in real women’s lives.
ATP Atelier as a brand and as a company is truly fueled by differences. Our team is built on the basis of people’s contrasting personalities and backgrounds, rather than like-mindedness. We make smart choices from a place of curiosity and humor - our office is characterized by hard work but also warmth and laughter. We bring our hearts to our community and our community to our hearts, without ever compromising on ourselves. Our mission is to inspire women to make smart choices - both for themselves and for the sake of the world they live in.
Our collections are designed in Stockholm and handcrafted in Tuscany, using vegetable tanned leather. We are proud to have a strong presence in Scandinavia, as well as on a global level, in cities like London, Paris, New York, Tokyo and Sydney. Our collections can be found in the finest department stores and high-end boutiques world-wide.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Footwear and Bag Designer to join our team. In this role you will contribute to elevating and evolving the brand aesthetic while supporting the overall brand direction as we boost our international expansion. We are looking for a passionate and value-driven designer with a business mindset and extensive knowledge in footwear and bag design as well as construction and production processes. The candidate must be able to balance creative edge and commercialism while having a deep understanding of the brand’s core identity. A passion for sustainability is key as we work largely in vegetable tanned vacchetta and aim to create not just because but to deliver a timeless product to our customer.
The Designer will report to the Assortment Director, working in a small tightly knit team together with the Creative Director. The candidate must be organized & detail oriented, proactive and adaptable to shifting priorities. The candidate should enjoy working in a high-paced, dynamic and international environment to initiate concepts that are fashion driven, commercial and reflective of the creative vision of the ATP Atelier aesthetic.
• Design a balanced and commercial assortment according to the set price- and customer strategy, always considering ATP Ateliers brand core values
• Create sample and production instructions to suppliers (including tech sheets and sketches) according to set deadlines
• Work and communicate closely with the suppliers throughout the sample process
• Ensure that all design cards are completed accurately and delivered to Product Development on time; ensure all prototypes are available for product presentation and finalization
• Create tech sheets and sketches in a detailed, organized and clear manner for proto and sample production
• Uphold design integrity, high quality execution, and timeliness throughout the entire development process from concept through engineering and commercialization
• Work together with the Assortment Manager to develop and refine seasonal concepts, materials, hardware, and color palette for collections
• Benchmark and research market trends to ensure the offer is commercial and seasonal
• Source new materials and components
• Upkeep of the components library and inventory
• Bring creative ideas to the table and properly translate them into an aesthetic that clearly reflects and elevates the ATP Atelier brand
• BA or MA degree in Fashion Design or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2 years of footwear design experience
• Adobe suite skills, advanced experience in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
• Having a great interest in environmental and social responsibility
• A team player with very good communication skills
• Ability to work on multiple seasons simultaneously
• Ability to change course easily, open to unexpected turns throughout the collection development
• Ability to balance creative thinking with a commercial mindset while always evolving
• Excellent language skills, fluency in English is a requirement and Italian is meriting
• Strong interest for fashion business and general knowledge of the industry at large
• Reliable, ambitious and eager to take own initiative
• Entrepreneurial mindset
We interview candidates continuously, if we find the right candidate the position may be filled before the last application. Please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected].